Sunday, February 3, 2008

Or perhaps the Average Outdoor Store

Just back from the trip to REI. Before you spend the time, they don't stock the Cozy Creek line in their stores. At least not in their 25,000 or so sq foot emporium in Pittsburgh. Not one example of the brand.
So I brought home a knockoff. It looks decent - better than the WallyMart version that I had - and has an extendo-bottom that essentially provides double butt padding.
Oh well. I'm resigned to live with it and the smiling cashier who reminded me that:
a. In Seattle they stock everything.
b. I could order and have the item shipped to the store here at no charge for said shipping.
The I reminded her that:
c. I'd still not have seen an example of the product.
d. Spending another 2 hours of my time and paying for parking again wasn't such a good deal.
Then add this in:
Looking for sales help in the Post Christmas letdown was about impossible, and I imagine the market for ice axes is Pittsburgh is so large that keeping lesser items like camp chairs makes sense to someone.
Next time i'm in the Pacific Northwest I'll stop.

No comments:

About Me

Ok, a few folks have wandered in for unknown reasons, so how abour sending along a quick EM and say howdy...