Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Class Act. Really. No Kidding

After railing about a few things I don't like, how about a positive note?

Send your kid to hockey school. Or at least let them associate with the PIHL. Even if they don't play hockey, they could sharpen skates or something.
As I'm one to complain about little things at the sporting events I am assigned to cover - parking, access, concession prices and workspace come to mind - I'm here to tell you that the PIHL does things right. I covered a playoff semifinal game last night, and the league did their absolute best to make things happen.

To wit:
Rosters at the front gate - without asking
Workspace - without asking
Game stats soon after the conclusion of a contest - without asking
A cordial welcome to the hospitality room - without asking, where the food was GOOD.

And in general, nightly faxes with results of that day,
A web site with accurate stats, contacts and rosters.

An operation to use as an example of Well Run.

So there. I do like something.

No comments:

About Me

Ok, a few folks have wandered in for unknown reasons, so how abour sending along a quick EM and say howdy...