Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hot Dog

Can someone explain the food service mentality to me? I've here to tell ya' that food service window-trons will be the death of me.

Today's Gripe: I've been known to eat a hot dog or two, and in the area of the office a local chain called Brighton Hot Dog has set up a franchise. I suspect that I've eaten there for the last time in a while
Each and every one of the times I've stopped at their New Castle Road store, it seems to take an inordinate length of time to be served at the drive-in. While their shingle says something like "Please be patient, all food cooked to order" I haven't got a clue what takes the wage slaves inside so damn long to wrap a couple of dogs and put them in a bag. If they did indeed cook dogs to order, the line would back up to the next county. One thing though - they seem to have apology own to near-science... as in "sorry it took so long" If they recognize a problem too, why not fix it and quit being sorry.
That could be enough, but after the apology, the order was wrong. Not just ketchup for mustard, but chili, pickles and onions for mustard. If I wanted the things dressed, I'd have ordered 'em that way. The topper becomes a vehicle accident that I'm called to cover. No delays and no going back

Where do they find a whole store full of these idiots? At least one inquiring mind wants to know.

No comments:

About Me

Ok, a few folks have wandered in for unknown reasons, so how abour sending along a quick EM and say howdy...