Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I want to like things, I really do

But, folks keep dropping the ball.
Here we go again.




Yep, another food complaint.
I just love to rail about bad service, and Sonic has provided the latest opportunity.

When I order fast food, I try to keep it simple. The Sonic folks have made the task a bit difficult.
How?
They avoid face-to-face communication.
How?
Ask the voice in the box for food and hope the order comes up right. Have faith that the folks in the food factory get it right.
A firm message on the door - EMPLOYEES ONLY - makes the point, We don't want to see you, much less talk to you.
When I pull up and spend - by the clock on the dashboard - three minutes waiting for the voice in the box to answer and nothing happens I know there's a problem. With my wife on hand I can't go overboard, so I decide I'll just go inside. That's when I found the message above.
Back to the drive-thru. We order up and pull away. As a member of the Higher Order of Mammil's I've developed a keen sense about blind food ordering and it was triggering all the alarms.
Mentally it's hollering CHECK THE DAMN ORDER DUMMIE!
Sorry to say it was right and the food-dispensing mammils were wrong. Sigh.
As the final letdown, what I did salvage was a greasy meat patty. Sigh again.

Take Sonic off the Places to Revisit List.

No comments:

About Me

Ok, a few folks have wandered in for unknown reasons, so how abour sending along a quick EM and say howdy...